Friday, June 13, 2014

To Infinity and Beyond!

I am SO behind on blog posts…it's true what they say: having one child is like having one, having two children is like having twenty…they're keeping me busy!
But I digress…
Colt turned FOUR last month! Whaaat?! It is mind-blowing to me how fast time is passing…I can't believe my boy is already four years old!
Colt has always loved Toy Story…he had a blast being being Buzz Lightyear last year for halloween so four just seemed like a good year for a Toy Story party!
This was definitely a fun theme for me…like always, I had just as much fun planning and creating as Colt had at his party. Here are some of the photos. Enjoy!

 The front and back of the invitation. Our good friend Ian, who is a computer graphics genius, made Colt's personalized Toy Story logo. It's kind of my favorite…


 The welcome table! That photo on the left is of Colt at 18 months old…too cute not to share. And the Etch-A-Sketch with his hashtag info was one of my favorite pieces of decor for this party! And last but not least, if you've been following my blog for awhile, you'll recognize our famous birthday tablecloth...had to use that logo...like I said, it's my favorite!


 The party photo booth and props...you might recognize the DIY backdrop from last year's Toy Story halloween costume photos! And that Etch-A-Sketch? It's a red photo mat with plastic water bottle tops for the knobs. The printed props on sticks I found via Pinterest here.


 I covered the tables with white paper, provided buckets full of crayons and let the guests decorate them  a-la-Macaroni Grill-style. I also made Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head felt boards for the littlest guests!


 My boy! He wanted to wear his whole Buzz Lightyear costume to the party...but I thought pants and long sleeves might be too much in the 100 degree SoCal weather...so we compromised and he insisted on wearing the wings all day...even in the bounce.


 Pizza Planet (aka Costco) catered the event.


 The favors might have been Colt's favorite. Little Green Men!


 And this is my piece de resistance: The dessert table!


 The cake...again with my favorite logo! I printed out the size I wanted it to be, cut out the pieces and used them as stencils to cut the fondant pieces. I also loved those candles I found at Party City...four candles and four letters in his name: perfect!


 Mr. Potato Head Mustaches: chocolate melt-molds with striped paper straws for the sticks.


 Banana-flavored gum balls look just like the ammunition Zurg shoots from his gun in Toy Story 2!


Pixar ball cake pops! These were hard to make, but I'm glad I did...they turned out pretty cute!


Sherif Woody badges...with gold sixlets on the points.


 Chocolate coins=Hamm's piggy bank spare change.


 And last, but not least, Buzz Lightyear's 'Moon Rock' candy.


 Colt and his cake pop!


 FOUR.


 Happy Fourth Birthday, Colt!!



No comments:

Post a Comment