Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

When my Husband and I first met in 2006, we were both volunteering in the junior high program at our church. I had just started and he had been there awhile already. Before we even began dating I knew: he was great with kids. And there are many reasons why I love him and why I decided to date him and then to marry him...but I knew for sure he was going to be a great Dad.

Fast forward to 2010 and the birth of our first baby...and the moment I knew that I was so right.
Watching my Superman Husband hold our tiny little Colt in his arms for the first time and seeing the combination look of love and complete terror on his face is something I'll never forget. I've since watched him bond with Colt in a way that makes me just a little jealous ; ) If you know Andrew and Colt well, you know that they're basically carbon copies of each other...every so often Colt will say or do something and I'll think, "oh hey, there I am!" But mostly, he's all his Daddy: a big-hearted, non-stop ball of energy and a friend to anyone and everyone...which makes for one of the greatest Father/Son relationships I've ever seen...and I am so excited to see it grow!

In 2013, we welcomed baby #2...and much to everyone's surprise (including mine) we got a tiny, boy version of me.
So far, in his almost one year of life, Landon has exhibited many of his Momma's qualities: he is super sensitive, shy around those he doesn't know, but loves a good party. We both learned very quickly that what worked for baby Colt wasn't going to work for baby Landon...but Landon has definitely brought out Andrew's softer, more compassionate side and we've learned more about each other in the process!
Watching Andrew be a Daddy is one of my greatest joys...I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime to raise babies with!

And speaking of 'partner'...
I get asked a lot how I get so many photos of my boys both looking at the camera and smiling...at the same time. It's a challenge...for every 1 good photo I get, there are 30 terrible ones! But the really, really good ones are good because of Andrew...you can usually find him over my shoulder acting like a crazy person trying to make the boys laugh. And the amount of crazy he exhibits is directly proportional to how quickly he wants me to get my shot so we can be done...
He's pretty much gotten it down to a science...photos that used to take 30-45 minutes now only take us about 10...which is good for when we're in public and people are staring...
Poor guy had no idea he married THAT Mom...the Mom that needs to capture all the special moments on camera and pose her children for themed photo sessions for every holiday...but he's taken it like a champ and I can honestly say that I probably wouldn't have many good photos of our boys without him!
He's been my balloon holder,

 baby wrangler,

hat fixer,

background baby positioner,

and just the best sandcastle building, kite flying, car playing, book reading fun kind of Daddy!


We are so thankful for you, Andrew! 
Happy Father's Day to the best Husband and Daddy ever! We love you!


2 comments:

  1. This is so so sweet! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOve LOVE!!!.....Awh Hannah thank you for letting us in on the behind the scenes of your photographs...it was so sweet. What a wonderful Father's day gift for Andrew. :)

    ReplyDelete