Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ka-Chow! Colt is 3!

Without a doubt, of all the events I plan, my favorites end up being the ones I plan for my boy. This year's birthday party was the best by far because he was old enough to understand what was going on, get in on the planning and get excited about the day that was created just for him! His first love right now is Cars...Cars movie, Cars toys, Cars books...so of course, we had to have a Cars party! The best part of the day was watching his face light up...Happy 3rd Birthday, Baby Boy!

These were the photos I took for the invitations. Colt's Cars logo was made by
this Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kidspartykreations?ref=seller_info


Birthday Boy! His party shirt was made by BabyCakes82211 on Etsy.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyCakes82211?ref=seller_info

Welcome Table

All the guests wrote Birthday messages on his birthday tablecloth. This is a tradition my Mom started for me and my brother: when he's too old for parties and we have family birthday dinners, we'll put out the birthday tablecloth for him to look back and remember all the great birthdays he had and the people that he shared them with!

It was hot on party day, but thank goodness for the breeze! The balloons were a-blowin'!

Maybe my favorite party detail: Road table covers! And so easy to make: just strips of yellow duct tape!

DIY Birthday Banner!

Food table. Flo's V8 Cafe, of course! Signs were made from actual photos I took at CarsLand in DCA, printed out in tile format and glued to poster board.






Close-up of the applesauce labels!

LOVE these little Mater cups from the Disney Store!


Drink table!

Motor Oil...aka Sweet Tea.

Antifreeze...aka Blue Lemonade.


These were a big hit! Found these on Amazon and put each child's name on them!

The Cake! Made by Skiff's Bakery.
http://www.skiffscakes.com

Favors for the kiddos: each box had a Cars cup, Cars stickers and Cars fruit snacks inside.

And favors for the grown-ups! These marshmallow pops were made by a good friend who makes delicious desserts and all of the proceeds go to fund their adoption from Ethiopia. Check out Baby Cakes on Facebook!

Our first 'Bounce' experience! Colt loved it so much, I think he spent 90% of the party in there!

Ramone's House of  "Temporary Tatoo" Body Art!


19 comments:

  1. Wow! I came across this post from Pinterest and have now looked through everything on your blog! I LOVE all the parties you throw and the beautiful pictures you take! Amazing ideas Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! This looks FABULOUS!!! Definitely an Event Not Forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whole party! This is amazing. Did you have a template for the birthday banner? I'm going be doing this theme for my son's 3rd birthday as well this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Elyse!
    I made my own template for the banner...I google-imaged road signs, found one I like and printed it in the two different sizes. I ended up tracing them onto cardboard to make a sturdier stencil and then spent a few of my son's nap times tracing and cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just wondering where you got the cars birthday tablecloth and the signs for the food and drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I made them both! The tablecloths are just plain black plastic table covers with 8-inch yellow duct tape stripes down the middle. For the food labels I got the photos from Google-Image and I downloaded the Cars font for free here: http://fontzone.net/font-details/magneto-bold

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you do with the tablecloth they write on? Is it the same one from previous years or a new one each year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonita, yes, we use the same tablecloth every year and each party/birthday gets a special spot on the cloth. I made sure to get a big enough size to fit 18 or so birthday celebrations on it! We get it out for his birthday every year and he can see who was at his birthday celebrations in years past and the messages they wrote him...and when he's older and too cool for themed parties we'll use his tablecloth for family dinners. My Mom still gets out the birthday tablecloth she made for me when I celebrate my birthday at her house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just wondering where you got the white tablecloth with lighting on it and have all the guest write birthday messages on it every year?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The table cloth that everyone writes on is just a plain white table cloth from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I found a photo on the internet that I like of Lightning McQueen and I traced it onto the tablecloth with sharpies. I did the same thing with an outline of Elmo for his second birthday and Mickey Mouse for his first...I'm not a great artist, so tracing is a good option for me : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you make the labels on the cone cups? I have the same cups and am looking for a cute name tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie! I google-image searched for the Cars logo and found a blank one. I put the names on the logo in a Microsoft Word doc using the Cars font that I downloaded (link for that is a few comments above) and then I printed them onto clear, adhesive-backed labels I got from Staples! What I learned during the party, though, is that the stickiness of the drinks caused the ink on the labels to run...if I were to do it over again, I would use clear packing tape or another layer of the clear labels over the top of the printing so that the ink wouldn't run...

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this!! Is the white table cloth that you do each year (draw with sharpies) washable?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't actually attempted a wash yet...I'm a little afraid to do it! When I get brave enough or something gets spilled on it (whichever comes first) I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. where did you find the labels for the applesauce?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looking for the orange cone cups on amazon. Cant find those one? Can I have the link PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here is the link for the cone cups on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Construction-Cone-count-Party-Accessory/dp/B002840FHE/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1382038900&sr=1-1&keywords=Construction+Cone+Cups+%288+count%29+Party+Accessory

    And the applesauce labels I made! I found the image on Google images, printed them, cut them out and glued them to the applesauce lids!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cones on the tables holding the balloons, are those the same cones from the link above?

    ReplyDelete