Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First of Many...

When my son turned one year old, I knew I wanted to throw a huge party...not only to celebrate his first year of life, but also to celebrate that my husband and I had made it through our first year as parents!  I was too excited about this...I wanted the first birthday party I threw as a mommy to be spectacular!  The Mickey Mouse theme was a given...considering what huge Disney fans we are!  I'm embarrassed to admit that I probably had more fun than the birthday boy...but I think he'll enjoy looking at the pictures when he gets older!

It all started with the invitations!  Black and white cardstock, thin red and black polka dot
ribbons and photos by JC Penney Portraits.  Colt's birthday hat and shirt were found on Etsy.com.

Inside of the invites...found the Disney font online!


Mickey Mouse bowls from Target and picture frames from Disneyland.

Mickey Mouse sandwiches!



Colt got his own "smush cake" to eat and "smush" with his hands!

The rest of the guests got Mini Mickey cupcakes!

These were so fun and easy to make! 

The tables were covered in white and black tablecloths and red and yellow "Mickey buttons"...

...and each table had a Mickey balloon bouquet!

Just before we lit his candle...

Favors

I used a Mickey Mouse punch and a 3/4 inch round punch to make the tags.

The guests signed both a mat frame and a tablecloth...a tradition that my Mom started with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment